Although many new and future dog owners are prepared to feed their dog nutritious food and walk him every morning, afternoon and evening, there are always some surprises, such as excessive dog shedding.
For example, some dog breeds lose huge amounts of hair, something that many new owners overlook when selecting a breed.
Abundant shedding is a small nuisance for some pet owners, but it can be overwhelming for others (especially allergy sufferers).
Fortunately, you can supplement your efforts with some effective home remedies against molting of dogs.
Remedies for shedding hair of dogs
Whether your dog is one of the dog breeds with a lot of molting or not, there are a few things you can do to help.
- MASCOTAS SUAVEMENTE ACABADO, COBERTIZO, BAÑO Y MASAJE - El diseño de cinco dedos de HandsOn, completo con puntas de cerdas en los dedos y puntas redondas en la palma, permite una herramienta experta versátil capaz de cepillar, quitar el pelo, bañar o masajear su animal. Este par de guantes elimina suavemente el exceso de cabello, la suciedad y los enredos mientras mantiene las manos y las uñas limpias de suciedad y aceite.
Some of the most effective methods to avoid dog shedding at home are:
Feed your dog a diet rich in omega fatty acids
Any dog with skin or coat problems will molt more frequently or in greater volume. Therefore, you’ll want to keep your dog’s skin and coat as healthy as possible to reduce the likelihood of these problems.
One way to achieve this is to provide your dog with a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Ingredients rich in these acids, such as salmon oil, canola oil, and flaxseed, are found in most high-quality dog foods.
- Pet nutrition omega 3 alta potencia para gatos y perros es un complemento nutricional elaborado por lamberts que ofrece omega 3 mediante el nutritivo aceite de pescado rico en ácidos esenciales epa y dha; cada envase contiene 120 comprimidos y es ideal para enriquecer la dieta de perros y gatos de todos los tamaños mejorando su piel, pelaje, sistemas inmunológico, nervioso y cardiovascular
You can also buy standalone fish oil supplements to add to your dog’s food, or simply add about a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil to your puppy’s dinner daily.
Take your dog outside to brush
If your dog has a moderate molt, you may only need to brush him once or twice a week to keep the molt under control, while dogs with a lot of molting may need daily brushing.
- ❤️️ 【Cepillo eficiente para perros y gatos】 Dientes distribuidos uniformemente, limpia rápidamente el pelo muerto de las mascotas, el pelo flotante y la pelusa excesiva, reduciendo la caída del cabello. Reducir la tasa de desprendimiento en un 95%. No dañará la piel de la mascota.
On the other hand, brushing your dog away from home will drastically reduce the amount of hair that ends up on the floor and furniture, and most dogs enjoy brushing.
Bathe your dog regularly.
Regular bathing, like brushing, is an excellent treatment against dog shedding, as it removes some of your dog’s hair in a regulated manner.
To prevent pipes from clogging, use a decent drain protector, and you may need to remove damp hair from your bathroom walls once you’re done. This is still easier than cleaning hair that has spread throughout the house.
To avoid irritating your dog’s skin and hair follicles, always use a good antiseptic shampoo for dogs. It is also crucial not to bathe your dog too often, as this could cause problems with his coat and skin.
Unless your veterinarian advises otherwise, give your dog a wash once a week or less often.
Avoid common allergens in your dog’s diet
Dogs with food allergies tend to molt more than their non-allergic counterparts. Not only do these dogs have itchy skin, but they can also develop bald spots.
If you suspect your dog is allergic to food, consult your veterinarian, who can confirm the diagnosis and suggest a treatment plan.
Fortunately, food allergies are sometimes easy to correct. Simply swap your dog’s diet for a high-quality, hypoallergenic food that doesn’t contain the allergy triggers that can cause problems for your pet.
Chicken, meat, eggs, artificial colors, artificial flavorings, corn, wheat, and soy are some of the most common allergies.
Buy a high-quality vacuum cleaner for your pet
Regardless of what you do to reduce your dog’s molting, you’ll need to collect any hair left around the house.
- Aspirador sin bolsa ciclónico de gran eficiencia en suelos duros, y gran poder de succión en suelos suelos blandos como moqueta; mínima re-emisión de polvo con un nivel de ruido de 77 db muy bajo
Although any vacuum cleaner serves for this situation, those manufactured expressly for homes with pets are usually much more effective.
Many vacuum cleaners designed to remove pet hair include strong suction and unique accessories to help remove hair from carpets, curtains and sofas.
Most of the best pet hair vacuums also have powerful filtration units, which help remove even the smallest dandruff particles, which can aggravate allergy symptoms.
Keep fleas away from your dog
Although an occasional flea won’t bother your dog, full-blown flea infestations can lead to coat and skin problems, as well as canine hair loss. Some dogs may develop a sensitivity to flea bites (known as flea allergic dermatitis), leading to redness, swelling, and hair loss.
The most effective technique to get rid of fleas is to use a prophylactic flea medicine.
- CHAMPÚ REPELENTE NATURAL: Champú antipulgas e insectos para perros con citronela, repelente natural muy efectivo que proviene de la planta de citronela conocida por su acción repelente.
There are many different solutions on the market, and most of them are reasonable, effective, and simple to use.
Use anti-shedding supplements to help your dog eliminate them
One of the most effective supplements to reduce molting in dogs is omega-3. It is necessary for good skin and a robust coat.
Even a dog food containing sufficient amounts of omega-3s can be insufficient because it is often damaged during the cooking process.
Fish oil is one of the largest sources of omega-3s available.
A fish oil supplement for dogs might be just what you need to help your dog molt less.
What causes excessive molting in dogs?
Many dog breeds have two coats of hair: an upper coat and a lower coat, while humans only have one.
The hair of the top layer of a dog comes off little by little, as does the hair on its head, since each hair is replaced by a new one. However, the undercoat is responsible for most of the dog’s molting.
During the winter and summer, the undercoat develops to help protect the dog from the outside. On the other hand, dogs that live in climate-controlled environments can let their undercoat grow and “blow” four times a year.
It’s normal for a certain amount of hair to fall out, but dogs with dry skin, poor diets, or health problems like Cushing’s syndrome can lose significantly more.
Consult your veterinarian if you are concerned about the amount of hair your dog releases or if he begins to shed more than usual.
When does a puppy lose fur?
All dogs have a puppy coat that is thinner, fluffier or softer than their adult coat when they are born. Between 3 and 6 years of age, they shed their puppy fur and become their adult fur.
Grooming suggestions to reduce dog shedding
Using more than one type of brush on your dog is the simplest brushing technique to reduce dog shedding. Having many brushes will help you remove more molting hair because different types of brushes work differently and remove different layers of hair.
- ❤️️【Diseño de un toque, cepillo fácil de limpiar】 El botón azul en el mango opera un mecanismo muy simple e ingenioso para eliminar todo el cabello muerto y la suciedad. El diseño de cerdas retráctiles garantiza que el cepillo de cuidado se pueda almacenar de manera segura y fácil en su juego de cuidado cuando no esté en uso.
It is also essential to remember that dogs’ skin is sensitive and can be injured with brushing that is too strong or repetitive.
Before continuing, do not take more than three passes with the same tool in the same place, and be aware of the pressure you apply.
Do you help us share?